Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How to Build a Shelter
- How to Make and Repair Camping Equipment
- Harrowing Survival Stories
- How Animal Camouflage Works
- What causes heat stroke?
- What if my scuba diving equipment failed?
- How do stingrays kill?
- What if I were ice fishing and fell through the ice?
- Taken by the Sea: 11 Real-life Shipwrecks
- How to Survive a Sinking Ship
- How to Find Water in the Wild
- How Search and Rescue Works
- How Deep Sea Rescue Works
More Great Links
- "Cold Weather Survival." The Discovery Channel. 2007. http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/survival/guide/environment/cold/cold.html
- Feldman, Charles. "Man rescued after 4 months at sea." cnn.com. September 25, 2002. http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/West/09/24/man.adrift/
- Fickling, David. "Open Water: The True Story Behind the Disturbing Movie." cdnn.info. 2008.http://www.cdnn.info/news/article/a040723.html
- "How Long Can a Person Survive Without Food." professorhouse.com. 2008. http://www.professorshouse.com/food-beverage/food/how-long-can-a-person-survive-without-food.aspx
- "How to survive being adrift at sea." essortment.com, 2008. http://www.essortment.com/hobbies/survivebeingad_tvwo.htm
- "Hypothermia and Cold Temperature Exposure." Webmd.com. 2008. http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/hypothermia-and-cold-temperature-exposure-topic-overview
- "Surviving the Cold Weather." National Safety Council. 2007. http://www.nsc.org/library/facts/cold.htm
- Teague, Leanna. "How to Survive in Freezing Cold Weather." Associated Content. February 10, 2007. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/140156/how_to_survive_in_freezing_cold_weather.html
- "Tourist survives 24 hours in sea." bbc.com. January 8, 2000. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/594377.stm