Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- 15 Tips for Surviving a Shark Attack
- Top 10 Shark Attack Stories
- How Sharks Work
- How Shark Attacks Work
- How Whale Sharks Work
- How Whales Work
- How Tiger Sharks Work
- How Scuba Works
- How the Georgia Aquarium Works
- How Bioluminescence Works
- How do sharks smell, hear and see?
- Do whales and dolphins sleep?
- Could shark cartilage help cure cancer?
- Why do people collect shark teeth?
- How do fish rise and sink in the water?
More Great Links
- "PADI Statistics." PADI. 2009.http://www.padi.com/scuba/about-padi/PADI-statistics/default.aspx#GraphA
- "Soft-In-Water Encounters: Swimming with Humpback Whales." Conscious Breath Adventures. 2009.http://www.consciousbreathadventures.com/soft-in-water-encounters.html
- "Sea Lion Encounters." West Edmonton Mall. 2009.http://www.westedmall.com/play/swim-with-sea-lions.asp
- "Shark kills woman swimming with seals." Free Republic. August 20, 2003.http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/967273/posts
- "Swimming with dolphins, sea lions and sharks." Openroad.com. 2009.http://www.openroad.com.au/travel_onthewater_swimmingwithdolphinssealionssharks.asp
- "Swimming with Sea Creatures." Daringdestinations.com. 2009.http://www.daringdestinations.com/swimming-with-sea-creatures
- "Swimming with Seals." The Guardian. Sept. 29, 2007.http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/2007/sep/29/guardianspecial4.guardianspecial223
- "Swimming with Whale Sharks." Lonelyplanet.com. 2009.http://www.lonelyplanet.com/travelstories/podcast/whaleshark_1007
- Berger, Karen. "Vacation with a bite: Go swimming with sharks." MSNBC. Feb. 19, 2009.http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29187333/
- Fausset, Richard. "Swimming with the whale sharks at the Georgia Aquarium." Los Angeles Times. June 19, 2008.http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun/19/nation/na-sharks19
- Fortin, Judy. "Swimming with whale sharks helps veterans feel whole again." CNN. 2009.http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/11/10/hm.veterans.swimming.rehab.sharks/index.html
- Kann, Elizabeth. "Becoming Bait." Go World Travel Magazine. 2009.http://www.goworldtravel.com/ex/aspx/articleGuid.%7B5B6BDDCD-8A2F-4252-9576-13DB7AD60618%7D/xe/article.htm
- Schorn, Daniel. "Swimming With Sharks." CBS News. Sept. 16, 2007.http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/06/60minutes/main1099368.shtml
- Walker, Madeline. "Swimming with Sea Creatures." GreenMuze. Jan. 12, 2009.http://www.greenmuze.com/blogs/guest-bloggers/723-swimming-with-sea- creatures.html
- Wasserman, Elizabeth. "Swimming with sea lions the 'last frontier'." National Review of Medicine. 2009.http://www.nationalreviewofmedicine.com/issue/2004_04_15/feature01_07.htm
- Watson, Angus. "Swimming with sea lions in the Galpagos." Times Online. 2009.http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/holiday_type/wildlife/article2745109.ece