You've invested a good chunk of money in your boat, and you want it to last forever. The elements can do a number on your prized watercraft, so proper care and prompt repairs are essential. In this article, we'll cover important boat repairs and maintenance, including how to patch a fiberglass hull and how to tune up -- and winterize -- an outboard motor.
We'll also teach you how to make a protective cover for your boat out of heavy plastic. Finally, we'll give you the how-tos for making waterproof cushions for your cockpit so you can whiz around the water in comfort.
Patching a fiberglass hull is first on our list.
Continue to the next page for the details.
For tips on caring for and repairing other types of sports equipment, try the following links:
- Learn how to keep your skis and ski poles in top condition at How to Maintain Skis.
- For maintenance tips for your bicycle, including how to patch a tire, replace a chain or spoke, and tune up the brakes, read How to Repair a Bicycle.
- If you're a camper, check out How to Make and Repair Camping Equipment to learn how to fix a damaged tent, make a tarp, and more.
- How to Maintain Golf Equipment leads you step-by-step through regripping and refinishing a golf club.
- Skateboarders can get valuable information on taking care of their boards at How to Maintain a Skateboard.