Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Avalanches Work
- How Snowboarding Works
- How Snowmobiles Work
- How Ice Rinks Work
- How Air Conditioners Work
- What is the difference between snow, sleet and freezing rain?
- Why is snow white?
- How much ice would I have to store up in the winter if I wanted to air condition my house all summer?
- Why do they use salt to melt ice on the road in the winter?
- Why is it colder at the top of a mountain than it is at sea level?
- How does the wind chill factor work?