You may have to carry water to stay hydrated, keep your car or house keys somewhere, bring pepper spray for protection, and retain other important essentials, like identification, but making your partner carry everything around because he or she has a pocket, fanny pack or other handy carryall isn't fair. You should only take along as much stuff as you can carry easily yourself. If you're planning a picnic or other activity to coincide with a run, arrange your schedule so you can head back to home base after exercise and before everything else. You can pack up then and freshen up, too. Your partner will thank you.
- Diet Blog. "Do You Exercise With Your Partner?" 5/20/10. 8/23/10.http://www.diet-blog.com/10/do_you_exercise_with_your_partner.php
- Goodwin, John W. Jr. "Police Say Couple's Jogging Routine Violates State Law." Vindicator. 6/22/04. 8/23/10.http://www4.vindy.com/basic/news/300627486701146.php
- Grabianowski, Ed. "Top 10 Causes of Running Pain." HowStuffWorks.com. Undated. 8/24/10.https://adventure.howstuffworks.com/outdoor-activities/running/health/10-causes-of-running-pain.htm
- IceBike. "Figuring Fabrics." 12/8/01. 8/23/10.http://www.icebike.org/Articles/fabrics.htm
- Life Mojo. "Benefits of Working Out as a Couple." Undated. 8/24/10.http://www.lifemojo.com/lifestyle/benefits-of-working-out-as-a-couple-667479
- Mama's Health. "Run With a Buddy?" Undated. 8/23/10.http://www.mamashealth.com/run/runbuddy.asp
- Nichols, Nicole. "Workout Ideas for Couples -Put Your Love to the Fitness Test." Undated. 8/23/10.http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=765
- Rogers, Bill. "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Jogging and Running." Macmillan Publishing. 1998.
- Sarnataro, Barbara Russi. "Sore Muscles? Don't Stop Exercising." MedicineNet. 8/23/10.http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=52151
- Suburban Dollar. "Exercise on the Cheap - Frugal Workouts for You and Your Spouse." Undated. 8/23/10.http://www.suburbandollar.com/2009/06/18/exercise-on-the-cheap-frugal-workouts-for-you-and-your-spouse/
- The Runners Guide. "The Many Benefits Of Running." Therunnersguide.com. Undated. 8/23/10.http://www.therunnersguide.com/benefitsofrunning/
The top 10 tips for running with your dog can help keep you and your dog happy. Visit HowStuffWorks to see the top 10 tips for running with your dog.