Lots More Information
- How the Ironman Works
- How a Marathon Works
- How to Train for Your First 5K
- How to Train for Your First Marathon
- Walking to Lose Weight
- How to Lose Weight
- Does running fight depression?
- Does running reduce stress?
- How can I cut calories safely?
- How many calories does running burn?
- How many calories do you burn playing the average Wii game?
- Burfoot, Amby. "How Many Calories Are You Really Burning?" Runner's World. September 2005.http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-304-311-8402-0,00.html
- Burfoot, Amby. "Runner's World Complete Book of Beginning Running." Rodale, 2005.
- Diem, Carl-Jürgen. "Tips for Success: Running for Beginners." Meyer & Meyer Verlag, 2002.
- Kahn, Jeffery. "Government Guidelines Underestimate Benefits of Running for Women, Says National Runners' Health Study." Nov. 13, 1995. (Aug. 31, 2010)http://www.lbl.gov/Science-Articles/Archive/running-women-study.html
- Mayo Clinic Staff. "Counting calories: Get back to weight-loss basics." Mayoclinic.com. 2010. (Sept. 2, 2010)http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calories/WT00011
- Mayo Clinic Staff. "Interval training: Can it boost your calorie-burning power?" Mayoclinic.com. 2010. (Sept. 2, 2010).http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/interval-training/SM00110
- Mayo Clinic Staff. "Metabolism and weight loss: How you burn calories." Mayoclinic.com. 2010. (Aug. 30, 2010)http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/metabolism/WT00006
- Run the Planet. "Start Your Running Program." 2010. (Aug. 31, 2010)http://www.runtheplanet.com/trainingracing/training/beginners/trainingprogram.asp