Lots More Information
- How a Marathon Works
- How Pilates for Runners Works
- How Swim Workouts for Runners Work
- How to Train for Your First 5K
- How to Train for Your First Marathon
- Does running reduce stress?
- What's a green marathon?
- Why can a trained athlete run a marathon, but a couch potato cannot run half a mile?
- Curiosity Project: What is major depression?
- "Depression." National Institute of Mental Health. 2010.http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/depression/complete-index.shtml
- "The Many Benefits Of Running."Therunnersguide.com. 2010.http://www.therunnersguide.com/benefitsofrunning/
- Cosgrove-Mather, Bootie. "Exercise Helps Treat Depression." Cbsnews.com. March 17, 2005.http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/17/health/main681456.shtml
- Kolata, Gina. "Yes, Running Can Make You High." Nytimes.com. March 27, 2008.http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/27/health/nutrition/27best.html
- Rich, Maeve. "Ten Psychological Benefits of Running." Life123.com.http://www.life123.com/sports/cycling-running/running/psychological-benefits-of-running.shtml
- Sadler, Elizabeth McCloud. "The Benefits of Running." Vanderbilt.edu. 2010.http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/psychology/health_psychology/running.html
- "The Numbers Count: Mental Disorders in America." National Institute of Mental Health. 2010.http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/the-numbers-count-mental-disorders-in-america/index.shtml#MajorDepressive