Lots More Information
Is coffee bad for distance runners? Visit HowStuffWorks to find out if coffee is bad for distance runners.
- Top 10 Causes of Running Pain
- How Running Stride Works
- How Shin Splints Work
- How to Avoid Overtraining in Running
- How to Treat a Side Stitch
- Can I run when I have a cold?
- How many calories does running burn?
- What should I eat before a distance race?
- What should I eat during a distance race?
- What should I eat after a distance race?
- What should distance runners eat every day?
- Aubrey, Allison. "Getting Brain Food Straight from the Source." NPR.org. Nov. 1, 2007. (Aug. 24, 2010).http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=15823852
- Better Health Channel. "Vegetarian Eating." BetterHealth.vic.gov.au. (Aug. 27, 2010).http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Vegetarian_eating?OpenDocument
- Christianson, Alan. "10 for the Road: Essential Nutrients for Endurance Athletes." NewHope.com. May 1999. (Aug. 30, 2010).http://www.newhope.com/nutritionsciencenews/NSN_backs/May_99/10for_road.cfm
- Clark, Josh. "The Runner's Diet." (Aug. 27, 2010) CoolRunning.com.http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_1/162.shtml
- Dada, Janice. "Marathon Fueling: Runners Need Proper Nutrition and Hydration for the 26.2-mile Stretch." March 2010. TodaysDietitian.com.http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/030810p36.shtml
- Maughan, Ron. "Role of Micronutrients in Sport and Physical Activity." British Medical Bulletin. 1999. (Aug. 27, 2010).http://bmb.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/55/3/683.pdf
- Messina, Virginia. "Dietitian's Guide to Vegetarian Diets." Jones & Bartlett, 2004.http://www.amazon.com/Dietitians-Guide-Vegetarian-Diets-Applications/dp/0763732419/ref=dp_ob_title_bk
- MSN.com. "What You Need to Know About Vitamin B-12." MSN.com. (Aug. 27, 2010)http://health.msn.com/nutrition/nutrient-library/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100218857#getenough
- Nieman, David. "Physical Fitness and Vegetarian Diets: Is There a Relation?" The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Sept. 1999. Vol. 70, 3:570S-75S.http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/70/3/570S#SEC3
- Venderley, A.M. "Vegetarian Diets: Nutritional Considerations for Athletes." Sports Medicine. 2006. 36(4):293-305. (Aug. 24, 2010)http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16573356
- Wadyka, Sally. "Don't Have a Cow: Runners Cutting Back on Meat Can Get the Protein They Need--With Smart Choices." Nov. 3, 2006. (Aug. 24, 2010) RunnersWorld.com.http://runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-303-308-10861-0,00.html
- Witard, Oliver. "Resistance Exercise Increases Postprandial Muscle Protein Synthesis in Humans." Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. Jan. 2009. Vol. 41, 1:144-54.http://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/pages/articleviewer.aspx?year=2009&issue=01000&article=00017&type=abstract