Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Wolf Hunting Works
- How to Conserve Hunting Habitats
- How Fair Chase Hunting Works
- How to Set Up a Tree Stand
- How Predator Hunting Works
- How Hunting Trophies Work
- How Hunting Preserves Work
- How Bow Hunting Works
- How Internet Hunting Works
- How Food Plots Work
- What is still hunting?
- What's so bad about fox hunting?
- How is the deer population counted?
- Why can you only hunt certain game in certain seasons?
More Great Links
- Alaska Department of Fish and Game. "Wolf control in Alaska." (Nov. 17, 2008) http://www.wc.adfg.state.ak.us/index.cfm?adfg=wolf.control
- Brown, Matthew. "N. Rockies wolves get federal protection restored." National Geographic News. July 21, 2008. (Nov. 14, 2008) http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/pf/10344183.html
- COSMOS Magazine. "U.S. wolf hunt to resume." Jan. 31, 2008. (Nov. 10, 2008) http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/1001/us-wolf-hunt-resume
- Defenders of Wildlife. "A brief history of the wolf in the United States." (Nov. 10, 2008) http://www.kidsplanet.org/tt/wolf/reading/history.PDF
- Defenders of Wildlife. "Alaska wolves background." (Nov. 17, 2008) http://www.defenders.org/programs_and_policy/wildlife_conservation/ imperiled_species/wolves/wolf_recovery_efforts/alaska_wolves/background/index.php
- Defenders of Wildlife. "Canada wolves." (Nov. 17, 2008) http://www.defenders.org/programs_and_policy/wildlife_conservation/ imperiled_species/wolves/wolf_recovery_efforts/canada_wolves/index.php
- Defenders of Wildlife. "History of wolf control in Alaska." (Nov. 17, 2008) http://www.defenders.org/programs_and_policy/wildlife_conservation/ imperiled_species/wolves/wolf_recovery_efforts/alaska_wolves/ background/history_of_wolf_control_in_alaska/
- Johnson, Kirk. "A divide as wolves rebound in a changing west." The New York Times. Jan. 2, 2008. (Nov. 10, 2008) http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/02/us/02wolves.html
- Kirkwood, Scott. "Off the list." National Parks Conservation Association. Summer 2008. (Nov. 14, 2008) http://www.npca.org/magazine/2008/summer/off-the-list.html
- Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks. "Gray wolf." (Nov. 10, 2008) http://fwp.mt.gov/wildthings/tande/wolf.html
- Revkin, Andrew. "Howling over federal plan to expand wolf killing." The New York Times. Jan. 24, 2008. (Nov. 10, 2008) http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/24/some-howl-over-federal-plan-to-expand-wolf-killing/
- Robbins, Jim. "To kill and be killed." The Los Angeles Times. July 27, 2003. (Nov. 14, 2008) http://articles.latimes.com/2003/jul/27/magazine/tm-wolf30
- Wilkinson, Todd. "Wolf vs. rancher: new chapter in the Old West dilemma." The Christian Science Monitor. April 18, 2002. (Nov. 14, 2008) http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0418/p02s02-uspo.htm