Mission of the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance
- Responding to and preventing legal and legislative attacks
- Drumming up public support
- Encouraging participants to partake in the outdoors as a family
- Promoting the role of conservation to every outdoorsman
The Foundation of the USSA encompasses programs and funds that further its mission including:
- The Trailblazer Adventure Program introduces families to outdoor sports under the guidance of sportsmen and wildlife professionals.
- The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance Foundation Endowment works with individuals wanting to make charitable contributions through estate planning.
- The U.S. Sportsmen's Legal Defense Fund provides legal services to sportsmen in outdoor sporting lawsuits and supports government agencies in their legal work.
- The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance Legacy Society works with members in helping them establish a legacy through gift planning [source: USSA].
If you are an avid hunter and you want to do more to help protect the rights of hunters, trappers and anglers in the United States, but are unsure how to do it, you might consider joining the USSA.
Next up, you will learn about the different coalitions that are housed under the USSA umbrella, the different membership levels available and how you can join the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance.