Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- What's depleting salmon populations?
- Top 4 Salmon Locations
- How the Catfish Spawn Works
- How the Muskie Spawn Works
- How the Pike Spawn Works
- How the Redfish Spawn Works
- How the Walleye Spawn Works
- How Fisheries Work
- Do fish feel pain?
- How can fish bait spread disease?
- Anchorage Daily News. August 5, 2008. "Floods may have frustrated interior salmon spawning."
http://dwb.adn.com/money/story/9938218p-9858018c.html (Accessed 11/12/08)
- CBS Evening News. "What Happened to the Wild Salmon?"
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/17/eveningnews/printable3946364.shtml (Accessed 11/11/08)
- Evergreen University. "Salmon Spawning Behavior."
http://academic.evergreen.edu/curricular/ftts/downloads/chumsalmon2pg.pdf (Accessed 11/12/08)
- Five Counties Salmonid Conservation Program. "Basic Salmon Life Cycle."
http://www.5counties.org/BasicSalmonInfo800.htm (Accessed 11/11/08)
- Moore, Paul. "Introduction to Pacific Salmon River Fishing Techniques."
http://www.fishusa.com/FishErie/Library_One.asp?Article_ID=9 (Accessed 11/11/08)
- Streamnet. "Interactive Salmon Life Cycle."
http://www.streamnet.org/pub-ed/ff/factsheets/Lifecycle.html (Accessed 11/11/08)
- Take Me Fishing. "Sockeye Salmon: Baits and Lures."
http://www.takemefishing.org/fishing/fishopedia/species-explorer/details/bait-and-lures/fish/sockeye-salmon (Accessed (11/12/08)
- Take Me Fishing. "Salmon, Sockeye: Fishing Methods."
http://www.takemefishing.org/fishing/fishopedia/species-explorer/details/fishing-methods/fish/sockeye-salmon (Accessed 11/12/08)
- Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. "Salmon Facts."
http://wdfw.wa.gov/outreach/fishing/salmon.htm (Accessed 11/11/08)
- Washington Tourist. "Journey of the Wild Salmon: Spawning."
http://www.washingtontourist.com/salmon/journey/seven.html (Accessed 11/11/08)
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. "Lake Michigan Trout and Salmon Frequently Asked Questions."
http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/faq/troutsalmon.htm (Accessed 11/11/08)