Lots More Information
That red snapper you're enjoying for dinner might well be tilapia. Learn more about fish fraud at HowStuffWorks.
Author's Note: 5 Wackiest Ways to Go Fishing
Fishing is a great sport, no matter how one decides to participate. Still, I'm not the type that will fish for a shark in a kayak or go noodling with my friends. I'll stick to fly casting for trout and bass.
More Great Links
- Bilger, Burkhard. "In the Monster's Maw." The Atlantic. February 1997. (May 24, 2012) http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/issues/97feb/catfish/catfish.htm
- Konway, Bill. "Extreme Aerial Bowfishing: Jumping Carp Breaks Woman's Jaw In Illinois." Field & Stream. Aug. 21, 2009. (May 25, 2012) http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/fishing/2009/08/when-carp-attack?photo=0#node-1001334939
- NBC Sports.com "Seaguar's Extreme kayak Fishing Challenge." (May 26, 2012) http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/45726230/ns/sports-outdoors/
- Rhoads, Christopher. "Swimming with the Fishes: Anglers Tangle of 'Skishing.' The Wall Street Journal. July 26, 2010. (May 26, 2012)
- Sammons, Jim. E-mail correspondence. (June 5, 2012). http://www.Kayak4Fish.com/
- Schaper, David. "Asian Carp: Can't Beat Them? Eat Them." NPR.com. July 12, 2006. (May 24, 2012) http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5542199
- Texas Shark Fishing.com. "Shark Bait." (May 26, 2012) http://www.tx-sharkfishing.com/shark-fishing/shark-bait/
- White, Jerry. "Extreme Kayak Fishing." Paddling.net. (May 25, 2012) http://www.paddling.net/guidelines/showArticle.html?223