Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Fisheries Work
- How Fish Stocking Works
- How River Trout Fishing Works
- How Top Water Bass Fishing Works
- 5 Ways to Fish Responsibly
- Do fish feel pain?
- What's depleting salmon populations?
- Is sport fishing bad for the environment?
- How can panfish populations benefit from anglers?
- How can fish bait spread disease?
More Great Links
- Chambers, LantArea. "Ensuring a Future for Fisheries." Coast Guard Magazine. June 2005. pp. 14-16.
- Economist. "Fishy Business." Oct. 11, 2008. Vol. 397, Issue 8601, pp. 52-53.
- National Marine Fisheries Service http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. http://www.noaa.gov/
- NOAA Fisheries Service. "Implementing the Magnuson-Stevens Reauthorization Act of 2006." (Nov. 4, 2008) http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/msa2007/docs/One-and-a-half-year_ReportV2_PQ.pdf
- Taylor, Peter Shawn. "A smart new way to save the fisheries." Maclean's. Oct. 6, 2008. Vol. 121, Issue 39, p. 25.
- United States Fish and Wildlife Service. http://www.fws.gov/