Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Compass Quiz
- How the American Hiking Society Works
- How Backpacking Works
- How Off-roading Works
- How Ultralight Backpacking Works
- How to Pack a Backpack
- How to Read a Topographic Map
- How to Use a Flare Gun
- What exercises will prepare me for hiking?
- How does wool keep you warm even when it's wet?
- Which is better for navigation -- compass or GPS?
- Lambert, Erik. "Craggin' Classic '09: A Rockin' Good Time." Alpinist.http://www.alpinist.com/doc/_print/web09f/wfeature-craggin-classic-2009 (Accessed Oct. 29, 2009)
- Maren, David. Director of Marketing, American Alpine Club, personal interview by e-mail, Oct. 29, 2009.
- The Alpine Clubhttp://www.alpine-club.org.uk/. (Accessed Oct. 29, 2009)
- The American Alpine Clubhttp://www.americanalpineclub.org/ (Accessed Oct. 25, 2009)
- "The Sport of Traditional Alpine Mountaineering." Traditional Mountaineering.http://www.traditionalmountaineering.org/Sport.htm(Accessed Oct. 29, 2009)
- "Top American guides will teach Pakistani women, with the aid of a special AAC Challenge grant." Climbing.http://www.climbing.com/news/press/guidelistpakicamp/ (Accessed Oct. 27, 2009)
- Tufts University Digital Collections and Archives. "Linguist, teacher, and … world famous alpinist?"http://blogs.uit.tufts.edu/digitalcollectionsandarchives/2009/08/linguist_teache.html (Accessed Oct. 29, 2009)
- Bradford Washburn American Mountaineering Museum. "Visit."http://www.mountaineeringmuseum.org/visit.php?id=Visit (Accessed Oct. 29, 2009)