Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Adams, Scott, and Martin Fernandez. "Mountain Biking the Washington D.C./Baltimore Area." Guilford: Falcon, 2003.
- Burke, Edmund. "High-Tech Cycling." Chicago: Human Kinetics, 1996.
- Green, Donna. "Travel Patterns of Destination Mountain Bikers." International Mountain Bicycling Association. 2003. 12/4/09.http://www.imba.com/resources/science/travel_patterns.html
- Jones, Steve. "Getting a Grip on Braking." Gorp.com. 2009. 12/4/09.http://gorp.away.com/gorp/publishers/menasha/how_ride2.htm
- Lathrop, Jason. "Ecological Impacts of Mountain Biking: A Critical Literature Review." Wildlands CPR. June 29, 2003. 12/4/09.http://www.wildlandscpr.org/ecological-impacts-mountain-biking-critical-literature-review
- Lepp, Dr. Andrew. "Top Five Benefits of Outdoor Recreation." Kent State University. June 11, 2007. 12/4/09.http://einside.kent.edu/?type=art&id=82928&
- Mason, Paul. "Mountain Biking." Italy: Steck-Vaughn, 2001.
- Schofield, Ruth. "Beginner's Guide to Mountain Biking." BikeRadar.com. October 23, 2009. 12/4/09.http://www.bikeradar.com/fitness/article/beginners-guide-to-mountain-biking-part-1-23675
- Shimano Corporation. "The Economics and Benefits of Mountain Biking." Date Unknown. 12/3/09.http://www.nemba.org/documents/ShimanoEconImpactsDocument.pdf
- Shrieves, Linda. "A Beginner's Guide to Buying a Bike." The Orlando Sentinel. 2007. 12/4/09.http://www.active.com/gear/Articles/A-Beginner_s-Guide-to-Buying-a-Bike.htm
- Sprung, Gary. "Natural Resource Impacts of Mountain Biking." National Trails Training Partnership. October 2003. 12/4/09.http://www.americantrails.org/resources/ManageMaintain/SprungImpacts.html
- Stanley, John. "Get Started: Mountain Biking for Beginners." AZCentral. August 27, 2009. 12/4/09.http://www.azcentral.com/travel/parks/articles/2009/08/27/20090827getstarted0829.html