We've covered a lot of ground so far. Here are some tips to keep you on track:
- Do your research. The more you know before you go the better prepared you'll be. You'll want to know how far apart the sites you plan to visit are from one another and how to travel between them.
- Keep your plans manageable. Focus on a particular section of the city you want to see. You can visit other parts of the city on subsequent visits.
- Pack a light travel bag to carry with you. You may want to carry a camera and other items. It's also handy to have a comfortable bag to carry any purchases you might make while sightseeing.
- Don't be afraid to go off schedule. Your plans and timetables should only be used as a guide. Feel free to explore on your own if you see something that wasn't in your plans. You can make adjustments and get back on schedule later.
- When traveling in groups, establish a meeting place. Groups can get separated. It's better to establish a meeting place at an easily-recognizable location before you begin exploring.
- Want ideas on local restaurants or entertainment? Stop in a hotel and ask the concierge for advice. You can do this even if you're not staying in the hotel. But do be sure to tip!
- Submit user reviews for tours, restaurants, shops, hotels and other experiences on your trip. Your input can help future travelers find the best spots in the city.
With these tips in mind as general guidelines, you can choose just about any city in the world and have a great time. Just do your homework. Happy travels!
Learn more about traveling by following the links on the next page.