Keep a Roadside Emergency Kit
Being stuck by the side of the road is a helpless feeling. Before leaving home, put together an emergency kit with items that at the very least will get your vehicle patched up until you can get to the nearest mechanic. You can create the kit from scratch yourself, or you can buy one at an auto parts store and spruce it up with a few more necessities.
Here are some basics:
- 5 Tips for Avoiding Traffic Tickets on a Road Trip
- 5 Tips for Choosing a Rental Car
- 5 Tips for Packing Car-friendly Snacks
- 5 Tips for Packing the Car for a Road Trip
- 5 Tips for Choosing Safe Rest Stops
- Are morning flights or evening flights better for kids?
- Is it safe for parents to travel without their kids?
- Should you buy rental car insurance?
- Edgerton, Jerry. "Summer road trip maintenance check-list." CNN/Money. April 5, 2002. (June 3, 2010) http://money.cnn.com/2002/03/25/pf/autos/q_maintenance/index.htm
- Mead, Scott. "How to Create Your Own Roadside Emergency Kit." Edmunds.com. (June 3, 2010) http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/howto/articles/43798/article.html
- The Unofficial DMV Guide. "Pre-Trip Maintenance." (June 3, 2010) http://www.dmv.org/how-to-guides/pre-trip-maintenance.php
Do you know how to pop your ears? Find out how to pop your ears in this article from HowStuffWorks.