A Welcoming Staff
One of the hardest things to judge in advance about a resort, and one of the most important, is what the employees are like. To be truly family-friendly, a resort has to have a staff that's competent, polite, engaged and enthusiastic.
A great staff provides a casual, welcoming atmosphere from the start. They make friends with your kids. They offer little touches like a warm cookie, a personalized toy and a smile.
Talk with family or friends who've been to resorts you're considering. Online reviews, guidebooks and travel agents can also give you an idea of how friendly and accommodating the resort's employees are.
Even if your summer spot is short a few of these must-haves, at the end of the day (or the trip, if you will) all that really matters is getting to savor the time spent with your family.
- 10 Family-friend Pool Games
- 5 Most Popular Honeymoon Spots in the World
- 10 Most Dangerous Spots You Should Definitely Visit
- 10 Best Places for Outdoorsy Types to Live
- Top 10 Most Beautiful Drives in the United States
- 10 Most Breathtaking Views in the World
- 10 Ocean Voyage Essentials
- 22 Romantic Kissing Spots in America
- How can you teach your kids not to be afraid of the water?
- Arthurs, Shauna. "Top Tips for Beach Resort Family Vacations." April 21, 2009. (accessed April 16, 2010)http://www.articlesbase.com/destinations-articles/top-tips-for-beach-resort-family-vacations-878343.html
- The Broadmoor. "Accommodations." (accessed April 16, 2010)http://www.broadmoor.com/luxury-resort-accommodations.php
- Club Med Punta Cana. "Children and Teens." (accessed April 16, 2010)http://www.clubmed.us/cm/resorts-the-caribbean-dominican-rep-punta-cana-children-teens_p-115-l-US-v-PCAC-pe-10H-r-6-d-000007-ac-vh.html
- Costa Rica Luxury Rentals and Tours. "5 Things to Look For in a Family Resort." (accessed April 16, 2010)http://www.crluxury.com/blog/tag/costa-rica-family-vacation
- Long, Felicity. "The 10 Best Family-Friendly Resorts." Parents magazine. (accessed April 16, 2010)http://www.parents.com/fun/vacation/us-destinations/the-10-best-family-friendly-resorts/
- Loomis, Christine. "Children's Programs and Family Resort Vacations." Family Travel Forum. Feb. 24, 2010. (accessed April 16, 2010)http://www.familytravelforum.com/who/toddler_baby/travel_baby/10985-Childrens-Programs-And-Family-Resort-Vacations.html
- Maniaci, Robert, and Emily Shetler. "What's the Best Family Resort?" Travel and Leisure. April 2005. (accessed April 16, 2010)http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/whats-the-best-family-resort/1
- Walt Disney World in Florida. "Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa" (accessed April 16, 2010)http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/
Summer travel destinations for families are a fun way to spend time together. Learn about the top 10 summer travel destinations for families.