Keep Your Home Safe
Make sure to keep your home secure while you're away:
- Stop mail and newspaper deliveries.
- Ask trusted neighbors to watch your property while you're gone.
- Don't discuss your trip around strangers, and caution your children to avoid exposing your plans on their favorite social networking site.
- Make sure to lock your doors and windows before you leave -- all of them.
- To make your home look like it is still occupied, consider installing a timer to turn your interior lights on and off on a regular schedule.
- If you plan on parking your vehicle at the airport, remove your GPS device and leave it at home. If your vehicle is broken into, the GPS could give robbers directions back to your unoccupied and vulnerable home.