Driving in silence is a lot like watching paint dry. You can only watch trees pass by for so long before you start to nod off.
Make the ride more fun by bringing along a mix of your favorite songs. You have a few options for playing music in your car, including:
- Recording a CD-R/RW on your computer or home stereo system
- Hooking up your iPod or MP3 player directly to your car's stereo
- Connecting another kind of portable music player through a Bluetooth connection or adaptor
- Putting the songs on a thumb drive or SD card and playing them on your car stereo
- Storing the songs directly on your car stereo's hard drive (if it has one)
If you don't have the time or inclination to create your own music mix, invest in a satellite radio service like Sirius XM, which offers specialized channels for just about every kind of musical taste, from the 1980s to heavy metal. Satellite radio also has channels offering news, sports and comedy.