Kirkland House; Cambridge, Mass.
Walk to the end of Dunster Street in Cambridge, Mass. to find Kirkland House, one of the more sought after undergraduate houses at Harvard University. It also happens to be the dormitory where Mark Zuckerberg co-founded Facebook, along with a few classmates, in 2004. What started as a small University-focused social networking site burgeoned to more than 500 million users in 2010 [source: Facebook].
Though there's no official tour of Zuckerberg's scholarly housing unit (since university students continue to live there), you can still stroll the famous Harvard campus where more than one famous technophile has studied. If you're looking for a great nerdy hangout for lunch, go to the Miracle of Science Bar and Grill for its "geek-chic" atmosphere where you order from a menu designed like the periodic table of elements.
- Top 10 Stress-free Road Trip Ideas
- 10 Car Summer Maintenance Tips
- 10 Best Snacks for a Road Trip
- 10 Foods to Buy by the Side of the Road
- 5 Tips for Packing the Car for a Road Trip
- Top 5 Risks When Driving with a Pet
- What's so special about Route 66?
- What was the first road trip?
- What was the first cross-country U.S. road trip?
- How often should I stop to walk my pet on a long car trip?
- What is the actual cost of roadside assistance?
- Arlington Virginia News. "DARPA Moving to New Location." July 22, 2009. (June 29, 2011) http://www.arlingtonva.us/departments/Communications/PressReleases/page71400.aspx
- CoStar News. "$100M In Financing Raised for Future DARPA Headquarters in Arlington." (June 29, 2011). http://www.costar.com/News/Article/$100M-In-Financing-Raised-for-Future-DARPA-Headquarters-in-Arlington/125694
- The Harvard Crimson. "Kirkland House." 2011. (June 29, 2011). http://www.thecrimson.com/series/the-housing-market-2009/article/2009/3/14/the-housing-crisis-kirkland-house/
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. 2011. (June 29, 2011) http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/
- Las Vegas Pinball Hall of Fame. "About." 2011. (June 30, 2011). http://www.pinballmuseum.org/
- Microsoft. "Welcome to the Microsoft Visitor Center." (July 8, 2011) http://www.microsoft.com/about/companyinformation/visitorcenter/en/us/default.aspx
- Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment in San Francisco. "About." 2011. (June 30, 2011). http://www.themade.org/content/what-are-we
- The Tech Museum. "Exhibits." 1994-2010. (June 30, 2011) http://www.thetech.org/exhibits/
- Vegas Solo. "The Pinball Hall of Fame: More Fun Than Slot Machines." 2010-2011. (June 29, 2011). http://www.vegassolo.com/pinball-hall-of-fame-vegas/
How does Swindon's Magic Roundabout traffic circle work? Learn more in this HowStuffWorks Now article.