Wrap It Up
Sandwiches can be a quick and easy way to keep hunger at bay while adding some good protein and hearty grains to your daily nutrition. Some may need to be stored in a cooler, such as wraps made with lean meats and cheese or a mini-pita sandwich stuffed with hummus and raw vegetables, but other options such as peanut butter (or any other nut butter) and jelly on whole grain bread can be kept at room temperature.
- Top 10 Stress-free Road Trip Ideas
- Top 10 Most Beautiful Drives in the United States
- 10 Foods to Buy by the Side of the Road
- Top 5 Risks When Driving with a Pet
- Top 5 Most Dangerous Roads in the World
- How the Cannonball Run Worked
- What's so special about Route 66?
- What was the first road trip?
- What was the first cross-country U.S. road trip?
More Great Links
- Bauer, Joy. "On the road? Healthy, quick & mess-less foods." Today. 2007. (June 24, 2011) http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19247068/ns/today-today_health/t/road-healthy-quick-mess-less-foods/
- Brain, Marshall. "How much sugar in soda?" Science on the Brain. (June 24, 2011) http://marshallbrain.com/science/sugar-in-soda.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "How many fruits and vegetables do you need?" (June 24, 2011) http://www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/downloads/General_Audience_Brochure.pdf
- Dairy Council of California. "Cheese." (June 24, 2011) http://www.dairycouncilofca.org/Milk-Dairy/Cheese.aspx
- Drayer, Lisa. "Portion Patrol." Women's Health. May 2008. (June 24, 2011) http://a.abcnews.com/images/GMA/100Cal.pdf
- Good Morning America. "Portion Control: 100 Calories." 2008. (June 24, 2011) http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/story?id=4612654&page=1
- Jacobson, Michael F. "Liquid Candy. How Soft Drinks are Harming Americans' Health." Northland Community & Technical College. (June 24, 2011) http://www.northland.cc.mn.us/biology/biology1111/Bioreadings/liquidcandy.htm
- Magee, Elaine. "10 Ways to Have That Snack and Lost Weight." WebMD Weight Loss Clinic. 2003. (June 24, 2011) http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56527
- Magee, Elaine. "The Best of the Bars." WebMD. 2005. (June 24, 2011) http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=55636
- Mayo Clinic. "Snacks: How they fit into your weight-loss plan." 2010. (June 24, 2011) http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-diet/HQ01396
- McDonald's. "Honey Mustard Snack Wrap (Grilled)". (June 24, 2011). http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/full_menu/snacks_and_sides/honey_must_snack_wrap_grill.html
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. "An Introduction to Probiotics." 2008. (June 24, 2011) http://nccam.nih.gov/health/probiotics/introduction.htm
- PBS. "Food Smarts: Serving Size Surprises." (June 24, 2011) http://pbskids.org/itsmylife/body/foodsmarts/article3.html
- Pressner, Amanda. "10 Surprising Health Benefits of Yogurt." (June 24, 2011) http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/nutrition/health-benefits-of-yogurt/
- Ray, C. Claiborne. "Fruit, Cut and Dried." The New York Times. 2008. (June 24, 2011) http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/01/science/01qna.html
- Rogers, Erin. "Healthy Road Trip Snacks and Meals." Disney Family. (June 24, 2011) http://family.go.com/food/recipe-sk-19035-healthy-road-trip-snacks-and-meals-t/
- Snickers. (June 24, 2011) http://www.snickers.com/default.htm
- Starbucks. "Delicious Drinks Under 200 Calories." (June 24, 2011) http://www.starbucks.com/menu/nutrition/20-under-200
- The World's Healthiest Foods. "Eggs." (June 24, 2011) http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=92
- U.S. Department of Agriculture. "Food Safety of Jerky." 2006. (June 24, 2011) http://www.fsis.usda.gov/factsheets/jerky_and_food_safety/index.asp
- WebMD. "Slideshow: 25 Super Snacks With 100 Calories." (June 24, 2011) http://www.webmd.com/diet/slideshow-100-calorie-snacks
How does Swindon's Magic Roundabout traffic circle work? Learn more in this HowStuffWorks Now article.