- 5 Strange Things in the Smithsonian's Collection
- How Archaeology Works
- How Fossils Work
- How National Parks Work
- How to Volunteer at a Museum
- How the Doomsday Ark Works
- How the Rosetta Stone Works
- Could Noah's ark really have happened?
- Could treasure hunters have discovered "Nazi Gold"?
- Did the Chinese beat Columbus to America?
- How could someone steal a painting from a museum?
- How do scientists determine the age of dinosaur bones?
- What was in Peter the Great's cabinet of curiosities?
More Great Links
- Burleigh, Nina. "The Stranger and the Statesman: James Smithson, John Quincy Adams, and the Making of America's Greatest Museum: The Smithsonian." HarperCollins Publishers." 2003. (2/1/2010)http://books.google.com/books?id=XCi6HOwyE3YC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Nina+Burleigh&client=firefox-a&cd=3#v=onepage&q=&f=false
- Colquhoun, Kate. "A very British pioneer." Telegraph. May 31, 2007. (2/1/2010)http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/3665492/A-very-British-pioneer.html
- Dowd, Maureen. "Cleaning the Nation's Attic." Time. Feb. 8, 1982. (2/1/2010) http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,953316,00.html
- Ewing, Heather. "Lost World of James Smithson: Science, Revolution, and the Birth of the Smithsonian." Barnes & Noble. (2/1/2010)http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Lost-World-of-James-Smithson/Heather-Ewing/e/9781596910294
- Greenfieldboyce, Nell. "Shuttle Keepsakes Up For Grabs." NPR. Jan. 19, 2010. (2/1/2010) http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122732839
- Kennicott, Philip. "'American Idol' Desk: Artifact or Artifice." Washington Post. Aug. 30, 2009. (2/2/2010) http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/27/AR2009082704411_pf.html
- Larner, Jesse. "Foreign Motivations: How a former president and an English scientist gave us the Smithsonian." San Francisco Chronicle. Dec. 21, 2003. (2/1/2010) http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2003/12/21/RVGN53KDCS34.DTL
- Officer, Lawrence H. and Williamson, Samuel H. "Computing 'Real Value' Over Time With a Conversion Between U.K. Pounds and U.S. Dollars, 1830 to Present." MeasuringWorth. 2009. (2/1/2010) http://www.measuringworth.com/exchange/
- Small, Lawrence. "A Man in Full. Smithsonian Magazine. March 2007. (2/1/2010) http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/man_in_full.html
- Smith, Jeffrey. "Smithsonian Inventory Turns up Lots of Stuff." Science. July 29, 1983. (2/2/2010)
- The Smithsonian Institution's Web sites. (2/1/2010) http://www.si.edu/