This museum is petite by big-city children's museum standards, but wonderful things come in small packages. The Please Touch Museum features thoughtfully designed exhibits geared toward kids ages seven and under. This engaging Philadelphia attraction is meant to inspire a lifelong appreciation for museums.
Several enchanting exhibits are based on the classics of children's literature: A scene from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland lures visitors through the base of a tree and into the rabbit hole. In the hall of mirrors, your reflection becomes smaller or larger at the twist of a knob. The interactive Maurice Sendak exhibit includes oversize settings and characters from his books Where the Wilds Things Are and In the Night Kitchen.
In the popular Supermarket, children can zoom around the aisles tossing all kinds of food into their pint-size shopping carts. Announcements such as "Attention all shoppers, it's time to put your items away," keep order in the place. Humorous theater shows and themed creative activities are offered daily.
Please Touch Museum Information
Address: 210 N. 21 St., Philadelphia, PA
Hours of Operation: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., daily
To learn more about family vacation destinations, see:
- Family Vacations: Learn about hundreds of family vacations in destinations all over North America.
- Philadelphia City Guide: Find out where to stay, what to do, and where to eat when you visit the City of Brotherly Love.
- Pennsylvania State Guide: Learn about Mobil Travel Guide-rated hotels and restaurants in Pennsylvania, as well as other recreational activities.
- Scenic Drives: For those who think that getting there is half the fun, we have compiled more than 100 of the most scenic drives throughout the country.
- New York City Guide: Find out where to stay, what to do, and where to eat when you visit the Capital of the World.
- New York State Guide: Learn about Mobil Travel Guide-rated hotels and restaurants in New York, as well as other recreational activities.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Laura Sutherland is a widely acknowledged authority on family travel and has published several books on the topic, including Best Family Ski Vacations In North America and Tropical Family Vacations.