Family Vacations in Wyoming: Buffalo Bill Historical Center
The five museums at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody contain an internationally acclaimed collection of Western Americana. Featured within its walls are masterworks of Western art, a rich collection of Native American artifacts, exhibits on the natural history of the greater Yellowstone area, and an enormous Winchester gun collection.
The museum staff has developed special materials, events, and exhibits just for the younger set. At the Whitney Gallery of Western Art kids can pick up a family guidebook. After completing its questions, they can trade it in for a souvenir. In the Draper Museum of Natural History, kids receive a passport that gets stamped at various stations.
Continue to the next page for a "close encounter" with Wyoming's Devil Tower national Monument -- a state landmark that truly is "out of this world."
Buffalo Bill Historical Center Information
Address: 720 Sheridan Ave
Hours of Operation:
- Jan - Mar, and Oct: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Tues. - Sun.
- Apr: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., daily
- May - Sept: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., daily
- Sept - Oct: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., daily
Admission: $15 adults; $6 kids
To learn more about family vacation destinations, see:
- Family Vacations: Learn about hundreds of family vacations in destinations all over North America.
- Wyoming State Guide: Learn about Mobil Travel Guide-rated hotels and restaurants in Wyoming, as well as other recreational activities.
- Scenic Drives: For those who think that getting there is half the fun, we have compiled more than 100 of the most scenic drives throughout the country.