Atlanta Organized Tours Overview
Here is a list of organized tours in Atlanta:
Atlanta Bus Tours
There are several bus-tour options, including the well-known Grayline Tour, Atlanta Tours, and the Metro Tour Shuttle, which all hit on the high points of downtown and the historic areas of Buckhead and Midtown. If you want to plan your own tour and have some fun with it, you can charter the ever-popular Disco Party Bus and set your own agenda.
Atlanta Walking Tours
The best walking tours are arranged through the Atlanta Preservation Society, which has a variety of options, including the Sweet Auburn/Martin Luther King Neighborhood, Downtown, Grant Park, and Frederick Law Olmstead's Druid Hills. (Olmstead designed Atlanta's Piedmont Park and New York's Central Park.)
Atlanta Carriage Rides
If you want a romantic tour of the downtown, a carriage ride might be the answer. You won't be disappointed if you try the Gentle Giant.
Atlanta Specialized Tours
Tour packages are so varied that you are sure to find one or more that suit your interests. Below are several to consider.
- The African American Tour-The Soul of America Tour specializes in the African-American history of Atlanta.
- If you've already toured downtown Atlanta by bus, try a different point of view with Segway Tours. Segways are self-balancing scooters that save your legs from the wear and tear of walking.
- The Oakland Cemetery Tour offers special guidance through the oldest and most ornate cemetery in Atlanta.
©2006 Atlanta CVB
The Martin Luther King monument is a popular tourist destination.
- Martin Luther King Center Tours offer a lesson in civil rights history. You will visit both the King Center and the Ebenezer Baptist Church where Dr. King preached.
- The CNN Center Studio Tour offers a behind-the-scenes look at CNN assembles its news and puts it on the air.
- Behind the Scenes at The Georgia Aquarium offers limited tours to groups of 20. This tour gives you a look at how the world's largest aquarium operates and keeps its thousands of residents healthy.