The statue's real name is "Liberty Enlightening the World."
Helen Davies, Marjorie Dorfman, Mary Fons, Deborah Hawkins, Martin Hintz, Linnea Lundgren, David Priess, Julia Clark Robinson, Paul Seaburn, Heidi Stevens, and Steve Theunissen
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Famous Landmarks Quiz
- 21 Roadside Statues
- 11 Structures that Define America
- 11 Highlights of 1907
- 10 Famous Native Americans
- 12 Renowned Women of the Wild West
- Top 10 Heads That Rolled during the Reign of Henry VIII
- Top 5 Marie Antoinette Scandals
- 10 Medieval Torture Devices
- 10 Historical Misconceptions
- 10 Items that Went Down with the Titanic
HowStuffWorks looks at why the Taj Mahal is in such poor shape, why it's so hard to repair and how this problem happens in other places like Italy.