Park City Mountain Resort, Utah
Although Park City Mountain Resort hosted the 2002 Olympic Games, you don't need to be an Olympian to check out this snowboarder's paradise. Located about 35 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport, Park City Mountain Resort is easily accessible for boarders of all skill levels.
With an average snowfall of 360 inches (914 centimeters) and four terrain parks, Park City Mountain resort offers 3,300 acres (13.3 square kilometers) of terrain. Park City is consistently ranked in the top 10 of family resorts in North America each year. Additionally, Park City's four terrain parks have been ranked by Transworld Snowboarding in the top 10 for five consecutive years [course: Utah.com]. Park City's Eagle Superpipe hosts the World Superpipe Championships each year. But don't worry; you don't have to be a world champion to navigate these slopes. Park City offers terrain for every level of boarder.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- "Alpine Meadows Ski Resort." Tahoe Best.http://www.tahoebest.com/skiing/alpine_meadows.htm
- Andrejewski, Robert. "The Best Spots to Snowboard in North America." Gorp.http://gorp.away.com/gorp/publishers/wildernesspress/board_na.htm
- Big Sky Resort.http://www.bigskyresort.com/
- The Canyons.http://www.thecanyons.com
- "The Canyons." Utah.http://www.utah.com/ski/snowboard/canyons.htm
- Lee, Heather. "Sweet Spots to Shred." Via Magazine. November 2003.http://www.viamagazine.com/weekenders/shred03.asp
- Mammoth Mountain Ski Area.http://www.mammothmountain.com/
- Mount Hood Meadows Ski Resort.www.skihood.com.
- "Mount Hood Meadows Overview." On the Snow.http://www.onthesnow.com/oregon/mt-hood-meadows/profile.html
- Park City Mountain Resort.http://www.parkcitymountain.com/winter
- "Park City." Ski Snowboard.http://www.skisnowboard.com/parkcity/index.html
- "Park City Mountain Resort." Ski Utah.http://www.skiutah.com/winter/members/park_city_mountain_resort/resort
- "Park City Ski Resort." Utah.http://www.utah.com/ski/resorts/park_city.htm
- Schweitzer Mountain.http://www.schweitzer.com/
- "Schweitzer Mountain." Ski Snowboard.http://www.skisnowboard.com/schweitzer/index.html
- "Snowboarding Mount Bachelor."http://www.skicoupons.com/groups.cfm/r/44/g/113/s/history
- "Snowboarding Zone- Schweitzer."http://www.skicoupons.com/groups.cfm/r/20/g/94/s/history
- Squaw Valley.http://www.squaw.com/
- "Squaw Valley." Ski Snowboard.http://www.skisnowboard.com/squawvalley/index.html
- "Vacations: Big Sky, Wyoming." Places Online.http://www.placesonline.com/north_america/united_states/montana/big_sky/introduction.asp
- "Vacations to Tahoe: Squaw Valley Ski Resort."http://www.thevillageatsquaw.com/mountain/index.htm
Lake Baikal is a massive, ancient lake in Siberia. It's home to nearly 4,000 different species, earning it the nickname the 'Galapagos of Russia.'