Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Survival Quiz
- How Search and Rescue Works
- How to Survive the Freezing Cold
- How to Build a Shelter
- How to Start a Fire Without a Match
- How to Avoid Hypothermia
- How to Find Water in the Wild
- Why has part of the Alaskan wilderness been called the Bermuda Triangle?
More Great Links
- Les Stroud, Survivorman -- Alaska Blog
- University of Alaska -- Remote Travel Planning & Resource Guide
- Man v. Wild
- Alaska Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development. "Bear Watching." (April 14, 2008)http://www.dced.state.ak.us/oed/student_info/learn/bearwatching.htm
- Barnes, Scottie; Jacobson, Cliff; Churchill, James. "The Ultimate Guide to Wilderness Navigation." Globe Pequot. 2002. (April 14, 2008)http://books.google.com/books?id=rg9EKTulrB4C
- DuFresne, Jim; Spitzer, Aaron. "Lonely Planet Alaska." Lonely Planet. 2006. (April 14, 2008)http://books.google.com/books?id=b-JDesZWm5gC
- Kinney, Aaron. "Survivalist offers advice on staying alive." McClatchy - Tribune Business News. Jan. 11, 2008.
- Stilwell, Alexander. "The Encyclopedia of Survival Techniques." The Lyons Press. 2000.
- Tawrell, Paul. "Camping & Wilderness Survival: The Ultimate Outdoors Book." Outdoor life. 2006. (April 14, 2008)http://books.google.com/books?id=deRKF5kv5wwC
- TravelAlaska.com. "Explore Alaska's Regions." The State of Alaska. (April 14, 2008)http://www.travelalaska.com/Regions/StateRegions.aspx
- University of Alaska Risk Management Team. "Remote Travel Planning & Resource Guide." University of Alaska. June 9, 2003. (April 8, 2008)http://www.alaska.edu/swrisk/download/TravPlan.pdf
- Wise, Jeff. "How to Survive in the Wild for 72 Hours: I'll Try Anything." Popular Mechanics. Jan. 24, 2008. (April 14, 2008)http://www.popularmechanics.com/outdoors/adventures/4246201.html?page=1