Not everything natural is safe — many plants and animals can sicken or kill you. Learn 10 things you should never eat in the wild at HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How the Army Rangers Work
- How to Make and Repair Camping Equipment
- Harrowing Survival Stories
- How the Nature Conservancy Works
- How the Audubon Society Works
- How Mosquitoes Work
- How Snakes Work
- How Spiders Work
- How the World Wildlife Fund Works
- How The Nature Conservancy Works
- How Fire Works
- How Food Works
- How Water Works
- What causes heat stroke?
More Great Links
- "Building a Survival Shelter." Wilderness Survival Skills, 2007. http://www.wilderness-survival-skills.com/survivalshelter.html
- Gonzalez, Laurence. "How to Build Shelter." The Adventurer's Handbook. National Geographic, 2007. http://www.nationalgeographic.com/pathtoadventure/handbook/ survival/survival3.html
- "How to build a wilderness shelter." CNN.com, June 25, 2003. http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/science/06/18/coolsc.shelter.nature/index.html
- "Shelters." Wilderness Survival, 2007. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/chp5.php
- "Survival, Evasion, and Recovery." U.S. Military Field Manual 21-76-1, June 1999.