You've invested a good chunk of money in your boat, and you want it to last forever. The elements can do a number on your prized watercraft, so proper care and prompt repairs are essential. In this article, we'll cover important boat repairs and maintenance, including how to patch a fiberglass hull and how to tune up -- and winterize -- an outboard motor.
We'll also teach you how to make a protective cover for your boat out of heavy plastic. Finally, we'll give you the how-tos for making waterproof cushions for your cockpit so you can whiz around the water in comfort.
Patching a fiberglass hull is first on our list.
Continue to the next page for the details.For tips on caring for and repairing other types of sports equipment, try the following links:
- Learn how to keep your skis and ski poles in top condition at How to Maintain Skis.
- For maintenance tips for your bicycle, including how to patch a tire, replace a chain or spoke, and tune up the brakes, read How to Repair a Bicycle.
- If you're a camper, check out How to Make and Repair Camping Equipment to learn how to fix a damaged tent, make a tarp, and more.
- How to Maintain Golf Equipment leads you step-by-step through regripping and refinishing a golf club.
- Skateboarders can get valuable information on taking care of their boards at How to Maintain a Skateboard.