Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Wolf Hunting Works
- How Hunting Trophies Work
- How Bow Hunting Works
- How Food Plots Work
- How Hunting Preserves Work
- Is it legal to hunt wolves?
- What's so bad about fox hunting?
- What's considered big game?
- How is the deer population counted?
- Why can you only hunt certain game in certain seasons?
More Great Links
- Barsness, John. "Prowl." Field & Stream. http://www.fieldandstream.com/article/Hunting/Prowl
- "F&W Urges Hunters to Wear Orange." 2008. Northeast Sports Network. http://www.neksports.net/Articles-c-2008-11-12-49409.113122_FW_Urges_Hunters_to_Wear_Orange.html
- Galea, Steve. "Still-Hunting: The Woodsman's Dance." BigGameHunt.net. 2008. http://www.biggamehunt.net/sections/Whitetail_Deer/StillHunting-The-Woodsmans-Dance-11240809.html
- Gnatkowski, Mike. "Still-Hunting for Thick Cover Whitetails." Game & Fish Magazine. http://www.gameandfishmag.com/hunting/whitetail-deer-hunting/gf_aa116503a/
- "Hunters are Urged to Wear Orange." Vermont.gov. Oct. 29, 2009. http://www.vermont.gov/portal/government/article.php?news=1431
- Licata, Anthony. "Still Shots: 17 Tips for Late-Season Stalking." Field & Stream. http://www.fieldandstream.com/article/Hunting/Still-Shots-17-Tips-for-Late-Season-Stalking
- Marsh, Ken. "Hunters use variety of techniques to track down big game." The Anchorage Daily News. http://www.alaska.com/hunting/story/2054.html
- "Preparing For The Hunt - Licenses and Permits." Hunting Net. http://www.huntingnet.com/staticpages/staticpage_detail.aspx?id=67
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Hunting-Associated Injuries and Wearing "Hunter" Orange Clothing -- New York, 1989-1995." 1996. http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00044112.htm
- "White-tailed Deer Field Guide." Cabela's. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/inthefield/ fieldguides_v02/intro/wt_fieldguide_intro.jsp
- Virtanen, Michael. "Still hunting." The Tribune. Iowa Newspapers. 2008. http://www.midiowanews.com/site/tab1.cfm?dept_id=554329&newsid=20204583