Raising fish and releasing them into bodies of water is called fish stocking. Take this quiz to learn more about the management tool of fish stocking.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Beard Jr., Douglas T. et al. "The Effects of Simulated Angling Regulations on Stunting in Bluegill Populations." North American Journal of Fisheries Management. May 1997. (Nov. 10, 2008)http://afs.allenpress.com/perlserv/?request=get-abstract&doi=10.1577%2F1548-8675(1997)017%3C0525:EOSARO%3E2.3.CO%3B2&ct=1
- Evans, David H. "The Physiology of Fishes." CRC Press. 1998. (Nov. 10, 2008)http://books.google.com/books?id=rHyPWriet7gC
- Frye, Bob. "Panfish regulations bring mixed reviews." McClatchy-Tribune Business News. June 29, 2008.
- Garling, Don. "My Bluegills Are Stunted." Michigan State University Extension. April 2002. (Nov. 10, 2008)http://web1.msue.msu.edu/wildlife/E-1776.pdf
- "New Mexico Panfish." New Mexico Wildlife. Updated Sept. 24, 2008. (Nov. 10, 2008)http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/recreation/fishing/warm_water_species/Panfish.htm
- "Sunfish Management." Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. (Nov. 10, 2008)http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fish/sunfish/management.html