Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Fisheries Work
- Do fish feel pain?
- What are fish managers?
- How can bait spread disease?
- What's depleting salmon populations?
- Is sport fishing bad for the environment?
- 5 Ways to Fish Responsibly
More Great Links
- New Mexico Panfish
- Michigan State University Extension: My Bluegills Are Stunted
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources: Sunfish Management
- Beard Jr., Douglas T. et al. "The Effects of Simulated Angling Regulations on Stunting in Bluegill Populations." North American Journal of Fisheries Management. May 1997. (Nov. 10, 2008)http://afs.allenpress.com/perlserv/?request=get-abstract&doi=10.1577%2F1548-8675(1997)017%3C0525:EOSARO%3E2.3.CO%3B2&ct=1
- Evans, David H. "The Physiology of Fishes." CRC Press. 1998. (Nov. 10, 2008)http://books.google.com/books?id=rHyPWriet7gC
- Frye, Bob. "Panfish regulations bring mixed reviews." McClatchy-Tribune Business News. June 29, 2008.
- Garling, Don. "My Bluegills Are Stunted." Michigan State University Extension. April 2002. (Nov. 10, 2008)http://web1.msue.msu.edu/wildlife/E-1776.pdf
- "New Mexico Panfish." New Mexico Wildlife. Updated Sept. 24, 2008. (Nov. 10, 2008)http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/recreation/fishing/warm_water_species/Panfish.htm
- "Sunfish Management." Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. (Nov. 10, 2008)http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fish/sunfish/management.html