Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Mountain Bikes Work
- How ATV Safety Works
- How Off-roading Works
- How the American Alpine Club Works
- How the American Hiking Society Works
- How to Read a Topographic Map
- How to Use a Flare Gun
- What exercises will prepare me for hiking?
- How does wool keep you warm even when it's wet?
- Which is better for navigation -- compass or GPS?
- Armijo, Vic. "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Cycling." Penguin. 1999.
- BBC Sports Academy. "The Crazy World of Mountain Biking." (Accessed Nov. 12, 2009)http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/special_events/cycling/newsid_3992000/3992329.stm
- Brink, Tim. "Complete Mountain Biking Manual." New Holland. 2007.
- Crowther, Nicky. "The Ultimate Mountain Bike Book." Firefly Books, Ltd. 2002.
- Cunningham, Richard. "Out of the Shadows." International Mountain Biking Association Trail News, Fourth Annual Freeride Guide. Fall 2006. (Accessed Nov. 20, 2009)http://www.imba.com/news/trail_news/19_3/itn_19_3.pdf
- Eller, Mark. "Welcome to the World of Freeriding." Parks and Recreation Magazine. Volume 40, No. 12. December 2005.
- Partland, J.P., and John Gibson. "Mountain Bike Madness." MBI Publishing Company. 2003
- Shimano American Corporation. "Outdoor Freedom: As Natural as Riding a Bike." (Accessed Nov. 13, 2009)http://www.nemba.org/documents/ShimanoEconImpactsDocument.pdf
- Snyder, Chad Robert. "Mountain Bike Attack." Mail Tribune. May 1, 2008. (Accessed Nov. 12, 2009)http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080501/LIFE/805010318/-1/OREGONOUTDOORS01
- Worland, Steve. "The Mountain Bike Book." J.H. Haynes & Co. 2003.