When traveling, why not sample the food the locals love? Behold, the 10 best street foods from around the world, recommended by HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- 10 Best Places for Outdoorsy Types to Live
- 5 Most Popular Honeymoon Spots
- 5 Lost Cities
- Top 5 Most Poisonous Plants
- How Quicksand Works
- How Pickpockets Work
- Which animals kill the most people in the wild?
- Where's the best place to take a bullet if you get shot?
- Why has part of the Alaskan wilderness been called the Bermuda Triangle?
More Great Links
- Amnesty International. "Carnage and Despair in Iraq." Amnesty International. March 17, 2008.http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/report/carnage-and-despair-iraq-20080317
- Banay, Sophia. "Most Dangerous Destinations 2005." Forbes.com. 2006. http://www.forbes.com/2005/05/05/cx_sb_0505feat.html
- BBC. "Country profile: Iraq." BBC.co.uk. June 10, 2009. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/country_profiles/791014.stm
- Committee to Protect Journalists. "Iraq: Journalists in Danger." CPJ.org. July 23, 2008. http://www.cpj.org/reports/2008/07/journalists-killed-in-iraq.php
- Essop, Rahima. "Living in a nightmare." iafrica.com. June 22, 2009. http://news.iafrica.com/sa/1752041.htm
- Greenburg, Zack O'Malley. "America's Most Dangerous Cities." Forbes.com. April 23, 2009. http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/23/most-dangerous-cities-lifestyle-real-estate-dangerous-american-cities.html
- Institute for Economics and Peace. "2009 Methodology, Results and Findings." Global Peace Index. May 26, 2009. http://www.visionofhumanity.org/images/content/GPI-2009/2009-GPI-ResultsReport-20090526.pdf
- Kellett, Francisca. "20 of the world's most dangerous places." Telegraph.co.uk. Nov. 28, 2008. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/3533883/20-of-the-worlds-most-dangerous-places.html
- Ministry of Health; Iraq. Central Organization for Statistics and Information Technology; Iraq. Kurdistan. Ministry of Health; Iraq. Kurdistan. Regional Statistics Office; World Health Organization . "Iraq Family Health Survey 2006/7." WHO. 2008. http://www.emro.who.int/iraq/pdf/ifhs_report_en.pdf
- Oxfam. "Rising to the humanitarian challenge in Iraq." Oxfam International. July 2007. http://www.oxfam.org/sites/www.oxfam.org/files/Rising%20to%20the%20humanitarian%20challenge%20in%20Iraq.pdf
- Quinn, Patrick. "Iraqi police say bombing has al-Qaida signature." June 21, 2009. http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hwK_CSpBxsNuVUEaDuOwmSSCiqGwD98V36880
- Radia, Kirit. "Sudan Envoy: Darfur experiencing 'remnants of genocide' -- Says aid capacity back near 100%." ABCNews.com. June 17, 2009. http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/06/-sudan-envoy-darfur-experiencing-remnants-of-genocide-says-aid-capacity-back-near-100.html
- U.S. Department of State. "A Safe Trip Abroad." Travel.state.gov. 2009. http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/safety/safety_1747.html
- U.S. Department of State. "Afghanistan." Travel.state.gov. March 4, 2009. http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1056.html
- U.S. Department of State. "Israel, the West Bank and Gaza." Travel.state.gov. June 12, 2009. http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1064.html
- U.S. Department of State. "Iraq." Travel.state.gov. Oct. 2, 2008. http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1144.html
- U.S. Department of State. "Somalia." Travel.state.gov. Nov. 4, 2008. http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1023.html
- U.S. Department of State. "Sudan." Travel.state.gov. May 26, 2009. http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1029.html
- U.S. Department of State. "Worldwide Caution." Travel.state.gov. Feb. 2, 2009. http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_1161.html
- Vision of Humanity. "Methodology and Data Sources." Global Peace Index. 2009. http://www.visionofhumanity.org/gpi/about-gpi/methodology.php