- How to Build a Shelter
- How to Find Water in the Wild
- Harrowing Survival Stories
- How the Army Rangers Work
- How Fire Works
- How Food Works
- How Water Works
- How does the windchill factor work?
- Why do bridges ice before the rest of the highway?
- Why do they use salt to melt ice on the road in winter?
- Why is it colder at the top of a mountain than it is at sea level?
- Why is snow white?
More Great Links
- "Basic Principles of Cold Weather Survival." wilderness-survival.net, 2007. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/cold-3.php
- "Cold Weather Survival." The Discovery Channel, 2007. http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/survival/guide/environment/cold/cold.html
- Davis, Jeanie Lerche. "Cold Weather Survival 101." WebMD.com, 2007. http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/29/1728_68023.htm
- "Formula used to calculate wind chill." USA Today, October 30, 2001. http://www.usatoday.com/weather/resources/basics/windchill/wind-chill-formulas.htm
- Maclay, Kathleen. "Economist examines costs of extreme cold weather." UC Berkeley News. Dec. 19, 2007. http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2007/12/19_cold.shtml
- Montague, Arthur. "Winter Survival Skills." Conscious Choice, 2002. http://www.consciouschoice.com/2002/cc1501/wintersurvival1501.html
- "Surviving the Cold Weather." National Safety Council, 2007. http://www.nsc.org/library/facts/cold.htm
- "Survival, Evasion, and Recovery." U.S. Military Field Manual 21-76-1, June 1999.
- Teague, Leanna. "How to Survive in Freezing Cold Weather." Associated Content, February 10, 2007. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/140156/how_to_survive_in_freezing_cold_weather.html
- "Water Trivia Facts." epa.gov, 2008. http://www.epa.gov/SAFEWATER/kids/water_trivia_facts.html