Packing a suitcase for a trip is an exercise maximizing space and minimizing wrinkles. Today, with airlines restricting the number of bags allowed and having strict weight limitations, it's essential to pack properly in order to get everything you need into your suitcase. Make lists, a few days before your trip, of everything you may need. Be sure to pack according to the weather, location and your planned activities. Don't pack valuables, like jewelry, medicines and toiletries in your suitcase. Place them in a separate traveling case, which can be placed in the airplane's overhead bin. Now you're ready to pack.
Simply follow the instructions below, and your bag will be packed in no time.
- Fold all pants and/or skirts lengthwise and lay them on the floor of the suitcase, with their bottoms hanging over the side of the suitcase.
- Place your shirts on top of the pants/skirts. You may want to spread the shirts open and fold them in the middle, so they take up less space.
- Fold the ends of the pants/skirts that are hanging out, back over the shirts.
- Place any dresses on top of the shirts, with their ends folded over if necessary.
- Fold jackets down the middle, and lay them on top.
- Place underwear and socks in the side pockets or corners of the suitcase. You may also want to stuff socks into shoes.
- Consider putting shoes in plastic bags and placing them along the borders of the suitcase. Arrange them so that the heel of one shoe meets the toe of the other.
- Place any bottles of liquids in plastic bags, so the clothing will not get ruined in case of leakage.
- Close the suitcase. If you have a scale, weigh the suitcase to make sure it's within the weight limit.
- Put a name tag and other identifying items on your suitcase.