The way people who have hiked it describe it, what with the ladders, cable cars, bridges, slippery terrain, tides, floods and mud, completing the West Coast Trail sounds more like running a Medieval gauntlet than recreation. But I'm sure the challenge makes finishing the trail feel that much sweeter. As someone who has spent a lot of time in the Pacific Northwest, the West Coast Trail is definitely on my list.
- Aitken, Wayne and Foster, David. "Blisters and Bliss: A Trekker's Guide to the West Coast Trail." Heritage House Publishing Co. Oct. 31, 2010.
- Bannon, Robery J. "The West Coast Trail: One Step at a Time." oneSTEPOUTings Press. Aug. 7, 2008.
- Derworiz, Colette. "Escape from the West Coast Trail." Edmonton Journal. June 2, 2012. (June 13, 2012) http://www2.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/travel/story.html?id=31d2d233-e8b2-47cf-91f1-600fa1404819&p=3
- Leadem, Tim. "Hiking the West Coast Trail: A Pocket Guide." Greystone Books. March 8, 2006.
- Parks Canada. "Pacific Rim National Park Reserve West Coast Trail 2012 Hiker Preparation Guide." 2012.