You'll need quick reflexes at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto, Ontario, Canada -- that way, you can block the shots from a virtual Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier. Put on the pads and step into the action as the two legends launch lightning-fast foam pucks in your direction. Next, grab a stick, step onto the plastic "ice," and go up against a video version of goalie Ed Belfour. A machine records your reaction time, accuracy, and speed.
Kids are certain to enjoy the many interactive exhibits at the Hall of Fame, but don't overlook the other interesting hockey displays. You'll see videos of big games and their highlights, goalie masks, skate and stick collections, jerseys that belonged to some of hockey's greatest stars, and a replica of the Montreal Canadiens' locker room. The original 1893 Stanley Cup resides at the Hall of Fame, along with other legendary hockey memorabilia.
The Calgary Stampede is the world's richest rodeo, drawing rodeo champions from around the world. On the next page, don your ten-gallon hat and read about the famous Calgary Stampede.
Hockey Hall of Fame Information
Canadian Tourism Commission
Suite 1400, Four Bentall Centre
1055 Dunsmuir St./Box 49230
Vancouver, BC V5P 1L2 Canada
To learn more about family vacation destinations, see:
- Family Vacations: Learn about hundreds of family vacations in destinations all over North America.
- Montreal City Guide: Discover Montreal, a city rich with outdoor festivals and activities, dining, architecture, and history.
- Toronto City Guide: Find out why Toronto, home of the CN Tower, is known as Toronto the Good.
- Vancouver City Guide: Learn about Vancouver, a beautiful city nestled between oceans, mountains, and a mighty river.
- Scenic Drives: For those who think getting there is half the fun, we have compiled more than 100 of the most scenic drives throughout the United States.