Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Alligators Work
- How to Survive a Grizzly Bear Attack
- How Shark Attacks Work
- What's the difference between an alligator and a crocodile?
- Alligator Quiz
- Which animals kill the most people in the wild?
- How to Survive in the Jungle
- How Lion Taming Works
More Great Links
- BugBog Travel Safety
- Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Marsh Bunny
- San Diego Zoo
- Southeastern Outdoors
- Wild Florida
- Smithsonian National Zoological Park
- "Avoiding Encounters with Alligators." Orlando Sentinel. July 28, 2004. (March 16, 2009)http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/orllocgatorbitebox28072804july28,0,4417574.story..
- Green, Merissa. "Swimmer Bitten by Gator in Lake." The Ledger. April 22, 2006. (March 16, 2009)http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060422/NEWS/604220371/1004.
- Holtey, Athena. "Encountering Predators While Kayaking." TopKayaker.net. (March 16, 2009)http://www.topkayaker.net/articles/natureissues/sharks.htm.
- Nagourney, Eric. "Hazards: Alligator Attacks Increasing (Don't Pick One Up)." New York Post. Sept. 27, 2005. (March 16, 2009)http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/27/health/27haza.html.
- National Park Service.http://www.nps.gov/jela/naturescience/upload/alligator.pdf
- Florida Museum of Natural History. "A Comparison of Shark Attacks and Fatalities and Alligator Attacks and Fatalities from 1948 to 2005." (March 16, 2009)http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks/attacks/relariskgator.htm